Ways to Make Water Taste Better
There are many tricks people have for making sure they get their water consumption in. One person may drink a glass in the morning after getting up, a glass before each meal and one during each meal, and a glass before bedtime - just getting them in as efficiently as possible. Another person may choose to just buy a quart size water bottle and make sure they drink it all, twice a day. Finding the best way that works for you is the most important thing.
But, what if you just flat out don't like water? It's tough enough to make yourself drink one glass of something you dislike, let alone eight glasses! Here are some of the best ways to make water taste better. Hopefully, you will find a few ideas in this list that sound good to you!
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime. It definitely has a way of making the water taste more fresh!
- Crush raspberries or blueberries in the bottom of your glass before filling it with water.
- Freeze fruit juice in your ice cube trays (no sugar!) and add some cubes to your water glass.
- Cucumber slices are also a very refreshing option for your water.
- Pineapple chunks in your water are a great treat!
- Sparkling water or club soda is a great option for some people. If the carbonation is too much for you, try half sparkling and half still water.
- If you make something using vanilla bean or a cinnamon stick, float one or both in your water bottle after, to soak up the remaining flavor.
- Fresh grated ginger and just a dash of honey can be a real treat!
- Freeze orange slices or other favorite citris fruits and use them as ice cubes in your glass or water bottle.
- Put pieces of your favorite fruit all cut up in your water bottle and let it soak in the water in the refrigerator overnight.
- Adding just a bit of unsweetened cranberry juice not only livens up your glass of water, it makes it pretty, too!
- Mint leaves soaking in water is an old tried and true favorite!
- Basil leaves soaking in water is quite flavorful, too. Give it a try!
- Add a packet of herbal tea to your water bottle.
As you can see, there are many tasty, non-sweetened flavors you can enjoy in a fresh glass of water. The ideas listed are really just a jumping off point. With a little imagination, you just might find yourself looking forward to your daily water, and your body - and kidneys - will surely thank you for that!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Delicious Ways to Prepare Fish
Eating a Healthy Kidney Diet
Why Kidney Health is Important
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Mystic Ransdell. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Mystic Ransdell. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.